Every time I get ready for travel with kids I think "how can I make this less of a nightmare?" I wrote about my adventures in traveling on the blog here and talked about 9 tips for travel. After posting I got heaps of questions about my favourite gear so here are my top picks for being on-the-go with my tribe. Anything that makes travel just a little bit easier is totally worth it, amiright?
1. iPad Carry Case + Headphones. My guy LOVES his iPad. Paw Patrol and Toca Boca apps can keep him quiet for many minutes (LOL). Plain black Kidconnect headphones (here in Canada) are perfect and this iGuy iPad case (here in Canada) keeps it nice and safe. It has handles for dragging it around or can be propped on a table. They come in bright colours so I found a knock off in black here ( here in Canada) cause I'm monochrome like that.
2. His own backpack from the Little Minimalist. (Psst..check out my toddler on being a mini model on the homepage). Kids love to have THEIR OWN bags and this one is stylish and perfectly sized. I shove in his iPad, blanket and some snacks and he's a happy camper. We have it in black but it comes in also comes in fabulous silver and gold. You can find it here in the US.
3. Sippy cup by Lollaland (here in Canada). I got so tired of sippy cups spilling in our diaper bag that I decided to invest in a good one. The lollacup is a solid design and kiddos loves it.
4. Car Seat Wheelie Bag by Clek (or here in Canada). My husband and I always have a long convo about whether to bring the car seats or get them from the car rental company. We went to California in 2016 and brought them in a wheelie bag (you can check it in oversized luggage for free) and for our Whistler trip in 2017 we rented. Both options are good for different reasons but I prefer bringing them.
5. Dockatot and Carry Bag. We bring the Dockatot (here in Canada) EVERYWHERE. We had to leave it behind for our most recent trip and I TOTALLY regretted it. The new carry bag makes it super transportable. We've also put it in the car seat bag for travel.
6. Nike Flyknit Sneakers. Cause chasing after two kids is EXHAUSTING so keep your shoe game comfortable....and fast. (Here in Canada.)
7. Crayon Gems by Kid Made Modern (here in Canada). These fun crayons kept my toddler super happy in-flight. Tray down, colours out, happy kid.
8. Neoprene Mommy Diaper Bag from Oak & Navy Baby. This bag is BIG on style, super light and machine washable making it the perfect catch all bag for all the baby things. Totally my new favourite accessory.
9. Bugaboo Bee Stroller plus Wheeled Board. We love our Bugaboo Donkey for everyday but for travel we use the Bee. It folds up easily and fits perfect in the trunk. The wheeled board for toddler is AMAZING. He hops on and off and gets to be close to brother. Gate checking the stroller is super easy and it means you can use the stroller in the airport. Winning!
Ok, so those are my picks. I'm still super new to the blog game so I'm always down for feedback. Let me know if this is helpful, friends!